NEET UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Undergraduate) is a national level medical entrance exam, which is organized by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). As per the Supreme Court’s order, NEET exam had been replaced All India Pre Medical/Dental Test (AIPMT) an also state level medical entrance exams and will now allow admission to all the deemed medical/dental, private and government colleges or universities all over India. NEET UG is a pen paper based test conducted for admissions to MBBS/BDS courses. NEET UG is expected to be scheduled in the month of May.
NEET UG Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants should have qualified/appeared class XII examination with subjects of Physics, Chemistry & Biology/Biotechnology (PCB), Mathematics or any elective subject.
- Applicants belonging to the General category should have secured minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology. For SC/ST/OBC applicants have to get a minimum of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology.
- Those who have passed B.Sc exam of any Indian University are also eligible to apply for NEET UG.
NEET UG Application Form
- The online application for NEET UG will release in the December month at official site of NEET (aipmt.nic.in).
- The Last date for submission of NEET UG application form is February.
- First, candidates should open the official site of NEET and then click on the link NEET online application.
- After that candidates have to register by entering mandatory details such as candidate’s name, DOB, contact details, education qualification details and class 10th and 12th scores, etc.
- Then candidates have to generate a registration number.
- Now, candidates need to re login using registration number & password and then upload their recent photographs, signature and hand index finger impression.
- Candidates need to pay the NEET online application fee through online as well as offline mode.
NEET UG Application Fee
NEET Application fee (without late fee)
Application fee (with late fee)
NEET UG Exam Pattern
NEET is a pen paper based test. The NEET UG will have one paper consisting of total 180 MCQs (Multiple choice questions). Each correct answer will get +4 marks and each incorrect answer will get -1 marks. The time duration of NEET UG will be of three hours.
Total no. of Questions
NEET UG Counselling Process
- The MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) will organize counselling of NEET for 15% All India Quota seats.
- Applicants will be called for counselling based on the merit list of NEET UG exam.
- The NEET counselling process will be organized in two rounds in online mode for allocation of MBBS/BDS seats in the government medical & dental universities/colleges all over the country.
NEET UG Important Dates
NEET UG Online Application Form starts from
December, Second week
Last Date for submission of application form
Downloading of NEET UG Admit Card
NEET Exam Date
Display of NEET UG answer key
Announcement of NEET Result
For more information about any entrance exam or other education related details then register in examhelpline.in.